Thursday, November 20, 2014

no bake cookies




Ok, guys.  It's Throwback Thursday, right?  Let's talk about a cookie that everyone probably had as a child because it's so easy even a parent who can't bake can make this cookie with success.  We'll keep this short, because I know you'll want to get right to making and eating these.

Remember how I showed you how to make sunbutter (sunflower seed butter) the other day?  Well today I'm showing you how to make a no bake cookie that's free of 7 of the top 8 allergens and UNBELIEVABLE.  You could make it using any oil you like, and any milk you like, so if you can't use coconut, just use what you can.  That's the beauty of this, they're easily customized if you get creative.  And did I mention good?  Like, seriously so good.  I mean, I ate three right away, and I'm seriously considering eating another now while I write this!




In a saucepan, bring the sugar, cocoa powder, salt, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla to a boil.  Remove from heat right away, then stir in the sunbutter and the oats.  Drop in spoonfuls onto wax paper or a lined sheet pan and let them set up.  I'm impatient and stick mine in the fridge, but if you can restrain yourselves, you can just leave them on the counter, they'll harden up within an hour or two depending on the temperature in your house. 

Now, go, make them.  They're fun to make with kids, or on your own and it'll make you feel like a kid.  And while you're at it, lick the spoon.  You deserve it.  (And if you made my sunbutter yesterday, remember they have flax in them.  Eat two...you know, so you get all of your omegas in.)


No comments:

Post a Comment