Monday, November 3, 2014

bbq chicken tortilla pizza


Did you miss me?  The week of Halloween gets a little crazy around here!  Not only am I a huge Halloween freak, but our wedding anniversary is two days before Halloween so it's a busy time.  But don't worry, I've been storing up meals for you!  First up is a super quick lunch that my kids loved, BBQ chicken tortilla pizza.  (It took some coaxing with the green right up there, front and center, but once they took a bite...they were sold.) 

When I say super quick, I'm not joking.  It'll feel like you're cheating!  Took me about 2 or 3 minutes to prepare, and 5 to cook.  Can you fend your kids off (or your own appetite) for 7 minutes for a quick, healthy meal?  I sure hope so!


Just assemble the ingredients and bake, it can't get any easier.  I used canned pineapple, canned chicken (white & dark meat) and fresh spinach.  You of course could use cheese if you like, but I don't think it needed it.  For my pieces, I threw some avocado, red pepper flakes and hot sauce on top as well, because I like my pizza kicked up a notch or three.  I used about a 1/2 cup of chicken, and made two pizzas with it, one for me and one for the kids.  Yeah, I ate a whole pizza.  And I'm not ashamed. 

You could bake it at a lower temp, but it would take longer, and because your tortilla isn't needing to be cooked...it's really not necessary.  Kick that oven up to full blast and crisp the whole thing up as quickly as possible.  Why didn't I just broil it?  Because that's too unpredictable.  I often burn things, the heat is so concentrated and so fast.

So what do you think?  Lunch tomorrow?  I'll be right over.











No comments:

Post a Comment