Monday, November 3, 2014

halloween

Halloween is kind of a big deal in my house.  Well, with three of us, anyway.  Richard could live without it, but he could live without all holidays.  I maybe married Mr. Scrooge, but we all know how that story ends, so I have hope!  And in the meantime, I love him anyway and just beg him to play along.  And he does, because he's the best.  So, anyway, back to Halloween.  We got up early and went to my office (where I don't work anymore, but that's a story for another day) and trick or treated there.  Everyone knows Nik, so we got very little candy (except Skittles) and more toys and little playthings.  I didn't have a costume, so I whipped up a really shabby Catwoman costume at 8am to keep with the superhero theme.  You would think I came up with an award winning costume, the way my kids when INSANE when they saw me.  I love how it takes so little to just really impress little kids.  We didn't go trick or treating at night this year, it's just too dangerous with Nik right now, so we went to my father in law's house and hung out with them, then passed out candy later.  I did make the boys go outside and let me get some adorable pictures of them in character, I mean, costume. 






Then, the next night, we had a party ourselves!  Yeah, that's right, I made Halloween into a two day affair guys.  I do that.  I'll share the cupcake recipe soon, they were so simple and so good.  I made two kinds of hummus, salsa, and cupcakes.  Kept it way simple this year. 





My child pretending to be a zombie made my mommy heart flutter.  He did it just for me.  I just love him!  See you next year, Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment