Wednesday, December 17, 2014

pumpkin chocolate bread



This bread is to die for.  Take everything you think a pumpkin bread should taste like, and just throw it out the window right now.  It's better, it's so much better.  Don't believe me?  My husband, who doesn't like pumpkin, ate about 3/4 of the bread himself.  It's all in the orange juice.  (And the gutsy lack of pumpkin pie spices!)

The recipe is from Sally's Baking Addiction, which hasn't failed me yet.  I just made a few changes to suit our dietary needs, and followed her instructions to a T.  You guys!  

I used chia seeds as the egg, and we didn't have chocolate chips on hand so I tossed a dairy-free dark chocolate bar into the food processor and pulsed for a few seconds.  When I make this again for the Christmas party this weekend, I will be using Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, which I'm sure will make the bread even BETTER.  



Try it, you won't be disappointed.  Just look at how dense it is.  I shoveled a piece into my mouth while it was still hot. It was even better the next day, though.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment