Friday, January 9, 2015

from where i stand


My next post will be sharing the recipe (or how-to) for the meal I was cooking here, but I wanted to share a quick picture of what I have going on, even when making a SUPER simple dinner.  Because we're a single income family with multiple food allergies, we do best when we have very little waste and make our own...well, just about everything.  So, while I made our dinner (the topping for the baked potato), I was also making vegetable broth out of random freezer bags full of vegetable scraps, plus the scraps from the broccoli we had with dinner, and I was making some sweetened condensed milk (will share later as well) for coffee.  Never a dull moment around here!  I can't afford the time to spend all day in the kitchen, so I get as many things rocking at one time and hope for the best.  Sometimes it works out, sometimes it's an epic fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment