Saturday, January 10, 2015

baked potato + broccoli + ham


Here's just a simple idea.  I'm in a potato phase.  I love a good baked potato.  Russet, Yukon Gold, Sweet Potato...doesn't matter.  I want them all.  Some nights, I throw a few potatoes wrapped in foil into the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour, then I just whip up some quick toppings.  I dream of cheese and sour cream, sure.  But that's not an option for us currently, so I search the fridge for something that will be flavorful and fun.  Some nights it's leftover soup or chili, some nights I just like to chop up mushrooms and red onion with a little truffle salt (my FAVE), and some nights I get crazy.  Like this night.  I had some broccoli, and a few slices of some Applegate Farms ham, which I had been using for sandwiches all week.  I tossed them both in the cast iron skillet with a little salt and pepper, and added some thyme and garlic and BAM.  Simple, flavorful, healthy.  The kids love broccoli, so they gobbled theirs up fast and it took a little longer for them to eat the potato...that they're not a huge fan of.  I drizzled some truffle oil (from Trader Joes) and truffle salt over the top of mine.  YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment